LSC Annual Meeting and Board Elections
This year has been a very different year for all of us, and that includes LSC. As many of you know, due to COVID-19, we have had to cut our season short, and due to state-wide restrictions, postpone our annual meeting, which is held in May. Our new date for the annual meeting will be Tuesday, September 15th at 7 pm. You may join us at the theater, but masks will be required and we ask that everyone social distance for safety. This year, members can also attend the annual meeting from the comfort of their homes. An invitation to join virtually will be emailed to members.
Additionally, how we hold elections will change this year. Typically, we hold in-person elections at the annual meeting. We realize that part of our membership would be more comfortable at this time attending virtually. To that end, the LSC Board of Directors has made the decision to hold elections online, using a program called Election Buddy. Election Buddy allows LSC to send out an email to each member, which will contain an individual link to the ballot. This allows LSC to reach out to each and every member, asking for their votes. The election via Election Buddy, uses a unique access key for each member, which allows voting to remain anonymous.
Here is some key information as it pertains to voting this year electronically.
- Voting will start at 6 am on Wednesday, September 16th and ends at midnight on Tuesday, September 22, 2020. This gives members one week to vote.
- The email address of each member, provided to LSC on the membership forms for this year (2020-2021), will be the email addresses ballots are sent to. Each member will receive an email from “Loveland Stage Company email@example.com”
- Each member may only vote 1 time, using their individual link in the email from LSC care of election buddy.
- There are 5 openings on the board this year. You will be asked to vote for only 5 names from the ballot.
- The ballot will contain pictures and biographies of those candidates wishing to run. *Please note that any candidate running from the floor may not have a picture and/or bio on the ballot due to the tight turnaround from the annual meeting to voting opening the next morning.
- Only members who have paid their dues by September 15th (the annual meeting) will be allowed to vote in the elections.
- For any member that has paid by September 15th, but is not computer savvy, come on down to LSC on Thursday, September 17th from 6 to 8 pm. Volunteers will be on hand to assist you with online voting. (Masks and social distancing will be required.)
To become a member before the annual meeting, please visit our Membership Page to sign up.
On the membership page, you can pay your dues online, and fill out the membership form electronically. For those members who are not computer savvy, there will be LSC volunteers with laptops at the theater the evening of the annual meeting (September 15th) to assist you in filling out the online membership form, as well as to take your dues. If you have any questions about becoming a member or renewing your LSC membership, please contact Paul Derham at 513-702-0567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Pictures and Biographies: As is our tradition, candidates from the nominating committee will be included in the Election edition of The Prompter, as well as posted on our website for members’ review. At the annual meeting, nominations will also be taken from the floor.
Following the end of election voting, the LSC board will announce the LSC Board for the 2020-2021 year. Election results will be posted on the LSC website and will also appear in The Prompter.
We encourage each and every member to cast their vote for the next LSC Board. There is sure to be a flurry of activity once pandemic restrictions lift and LSC needs a strong board willing to go the extra mile, so we can continue to be a valued part of the Loveland community. We cannot wait until the day we all can enjoy live theatre again.