The Loveland Stage Company welcomes the submission of plays for performance consideration. Please follow the procedure outlined below (Rev. Sept 2022).
Loveland Stage Company Guidelines for Selecting Directors:
These guidelines are intended as suggestions for directors who wish to direct at the Loveland Stage Company. A standard season consists of a Children’s Workshop show in the summer and 3 all ages shows over the remainder of the year. We may consider other factors that the board deems necessary in determining the choice of either directors or shows for the coming season.
- Potential directors should have directed / assistant directed shows in the past.
- If you have never directed you must be open to utilizing an experienced LSC director to assist.
- Potential directors must be open to using experienced LSC Producers, Lighting and Sound in a minimal of an assistant role.
Loveland Stage Company Play Submittals
Show Summary: The director will submit in writing, a short (50 words or less), summary of the action of the play or musical.
Theatrical Experience: The director will include a description of their background in theater, explaining their unique qualifications for directing their show.
Proposal: The director will submit a proposal for review. Possible revisions to the proposal may occur after the board has reviewed.
An example of a proposal;
- List all characters in the show with a brief description of their age and type.
- What is your overall concept/vision of the play?
- Describe the set and costumes.
- Will you need production assistants, assistant director, assistant / music director, vocal coach, etc.?
- A proposed budget for the production.
- Are there any exception costs associated with this production? (orchestra or musicians, etc.)
- How much rehearsal time will you need for this play?
- Do you have scheduling concerns regarding your availability?
- Do you have a covid contingency plan; either to prevent the cast from getting sick or allowing the full proposed run to still happen if illness occurs?
Proposals for the coming season* must be submitted / postmarked by October 31 to be assured consideration for the season.
* The season is June 1, 2023 through the following May 31, 2024
We at the Loveland Stage Company are excited to see all the hopeful submissions for this upcoming season.
If necessary, the board may also request additional information from the director. Once revisions are made to the plan the board makes a final determination regarding the play/musical. At the discretion of the board, exceptions may be made to this procedure.
Thank you for submitting,
VP & LSC Play Reading Committee Chair
If your submission is digital and under 5mb, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For large submissions or those without digital access, you can mail them to:
Attn: 23/24 Show Submittal
The Loveland Stage Company
111 S 2nd St. (Rt 48)
P.O. Box 312
Loveland, Ohio 45140-3026
The Loveland Stage Company welcomes the submission of plays for performance consideration. Please follow the procedure outline below (Rev. Aug. 2021). A printer friendly version is available here.